EXCLUSIVE DINING EXPERIENCE WITH MAGICAL VIEWS!
Upcoming events in 2018:
May 2018: 26
June 2018: 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30
July 2018: 7, 14, 21, 28
August 2018: 4, 11, 18, 25
September 2018: 8, 15, 22 & 29
October 2018: 6 , 13 , 20 & 27
November 2018: 3 , 10 , 17 & 24
December 2018: 1 , 8 & 15
Anything presented at a height of 50 meters is bound to make a lasting impression than it would on terra firma. That’s why we Sky Events, A platform meant for anyone who wishes to transform the ordinary into a magical moment that will leave a lasting impression!
The Sky Table is hosted on a platform suspended at a height of 50 meters. 22 guests are seated around the Sky Table with 3 staff members catering to our guests every need. We personalize each event according to our client’s wishes. Everything is possible, The Sky is the Limit, this is the extraordinary experience we transform the ordinary into the magical moment.
We are driven by to 2 Gold Words: SAFETY and EXCLUSIVITY.
We do want to provide our clients with the most exclusive experiences ever dream in a total safe way. All our concepts are designed according to the German norm DIN 4112. Products are built in Belgium under the control of Rheinland TÜV. Sky Events is now successfully operated in South Africa for more than 7 years.
How Does a Typical Event Work?
Guests will arrive half an hour before “take off” where they are taken through the registration process. Guests are then taken individually to their seats where they are fastened in their seats by a three point safety belt. Once all the safety checks are complete starters are served and we “take off” for our first session in the sky, this lasts approximately half an hour and the table is then brought back to ground where guests are welcome to take a comfort break. Our Chefs and the main course are then loaded and we once again take off where guests will enjoy a further hour in the sky enjoying their main meal and watching our Chef prepare one of our mouth watering dessert for their consumption.
Is it safe?
Sky Events is approved by German Safety Standards and is TUV certified. It also includes the following safety achievements:
- Department of Labour certification/authorization.
- Only Qualified Staff will be involved in the operation of each event/seating.
- An Experienced Supervisor will take responsibility for each event/seating and be the final signatory before and after each event/seating on a details and thorough checklist.
- A large ground clearance area, a minimum of 12m x 18m will be cordoned off and patrolled by experienced staff at all times during operation and is inaccessible to unauthorized parties at all times.
- Nobody except staff will be allowed within this area unless supervised by an experienced and qualified staff member of Sky Events.
- Guests will be escorted to an allocated seat by the Supervisor/Staff member and then secured by “4 point safety belts” the CANNOT be released by the guest or guest next to him/her. (It is NOT physically possible to reach the release while fastened into the seat).
- A Supervisor will accompany all guests to a height decided on and will supervise safety during the “flight”.
- The Supervisor will be in communication with the “ground crew” by means of two-way radio as well as hand signals if necessary.
- Regulatory safety checks on welding joints and attachment points will be carried out by an independent party at regular intervals to ensure compliance.
- All Crane equipment will be checked periodically by appropriate authorities.
Is it only Dinner you cater for?
Sky Events is NOT restricted to only “Dinner” but can host the following events, as well as Breakfast, Lunch, Cocktails, Sun-Downers, etc:
- Live Radio Broadcasts
- Product Launches
- Corporate Functions
- Birthday or Engagement Parties
- Business Meetings
- Sports Events
- Charity Events
What kind of food can be served on the table?
The are no fixed menus. Our clients have been serving from sushi to lobster, from tapas to gastronomic dinner…so it really depends on you.
Does Sky Events have the necessary Insurance?
Sky Events does have the necessary Insurance, Personal Liability and Third Party Cover in the unlikely event of an accident.
How do the toilet facilities work?
Its like in a normal restaurant: you ask where they are to the waiter and you go down. Its just a bit less discrete because the whole table goes down but it takes less than a minute. During meals we will come down between each course.
How many session can you organise per day?
Depending on the activities you want to organise we think that 1 hour per session is ideal. But if it’s just a tasting or a cocktail, you can imagine half an hour sessions.
Where can we host Sky Events?
It is possible to relocate the Crane and table if required for mobile use at an event but all relocation and setup costs to be incurred by client. Events and costs around events will be negotiated on an event by event basis. We can host this anywhere from busy Entertainment Destinations, along the Magnificent South African Coastline, Game Farms overlooking a water-host, a Golf Course or Sports Arena and even a Race Track or next to a Waterfall.
Event location 30 x 15 meters accessible for both crane and truck with trailer. We can set up almost anywhere, let your imagination be your guide. If you can’t find a good venue please contact us we can assist you in this.
What is the minimum age to attend Sky Events?
In order to secure you safely in your seat the minimum height should be 120 cm, minimum age is 10 years old.
What certifications are available for Sky Events?
Sky Events is designed according to the DIN 4112 norm, all drawings, calculations and simulations are tested by TV Rheinland. The structure and all hoisting materials are tested every 3 months.
Can we arrange catering?
Yes we can if you need any assistance we will be able to assist you with some high quality catering companies that we have built great relationships with.
How many people can sit around the table?
SkyEvents table can seat a maximum of 22 people per session.
Catering can be included or outsoursed at other venues, all depending on your unique needs.
Can the caterer use open fire?
No this is not allowed due to fire & safety regulations. But it’s possible to have electricity on the table in order to use electrical devices. Gas-barbeque may also be used.
How many chefs can cook inside the table?
There is room for 3 chefs in the middle of the table.